Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twilight


Just a few quick words on the movie.


I was weary about going to see it after finishing the book this week because I was doubtful that the movie could stand alone and that there was enough substance to it to translate well from book to movie. But it did. I read some reviews on the movie before I went to see it, most of which bashed the acting and proclaimed the flick "just another boring vampire movie." I don't agree with these critiques.


I do think that the movie most likely held a lot more meaning and significance to those who have read the book and/or entire series and have an attachment to it. I really enjoyed the movie mainly, I feel, because I had just finished the book and it was all fresh in my mind and the movie so closely followed the book. I liked the actors who portrayed the characters in the book and I felt the movie was true to the book.


All that said I, much to my surprise, liked and enjoyed the movie and feel that it plunged me further into the pop culture Twilight phenomenon. Heaven help me....I am about to start on the next book in the Twilight series: New Moon.


The photo in this blog is one from Twilight the movie!


No comments: