Monday, January 19, 2009

Goodbye my sweet little friend...

This morning my little Bailey dog passed away. It was not a surprise as he has lived a long life and was getting old. But it is still so sad to lose him. He was getting on in age. He was almost 13 years old. That is pretty old for a Pom.

He went the way anyone would want their dog to go. He just lay down and feel asleep. No pain. No struggle. No long drawn out process. Steven buried him with his favorite thing in the whole world - his ball.

He was such a sweet little doggie. Always happy to see me. Always waiting for me when I got home. Always wanting to play ball. That was the thing that made him so happy. He always looked as though he were smiling at you. I will miss his ferocious little bark. His boundless energy. His furry little face. He sweet, kind eyes. His furry little paws jumping up on me for a pat on the head. I will miss his sweet face waiting to greet me every day. I will miss him so much.

All animals belong to God (Psalm 24:1).


A DOGGIE PRAYER
So do not grieve for me, my friend, as I am with my kind...
My collar is a rainbow's hue
My leash a shooting star
My boundaries are the milky way
Where I sparkle from afar.
There are no pens or kennels here
For I am not confined
But free to roam God's heavens
Among my special kind.
I nap the day on a snowy cloud
With gentle breezes rocking me
I dream the dreams of earthlings
And how it used to be.
The trees are full of liver treats
And tennis balls abound
And milk bones line the walking ways
Just waiting to be found.
There even is a ring set up
The grass all lush and green
And everyone who gaits around
Becomes the "Best Of Breed".
For we're all winners in this place
We have no faults you see
And God passes out the ribbons
To each one--even me.
At night I sleep in angels' arms
Their wings protecting me
And moonbeams dance about us
As stardust falls on thee.
So when your life on earth is spent
And you reach heaven's gate
Have no fear of loneliness
For here, you know I wait.
Author Unknown

1 comment:

Jon David, Ashley, Caroline and Jack said...

Lizard, I am so sorry to hear about Bailey. I know how much he was loved. I will be thinking of you.
Shlee