Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Music to My Ears...

Today Steven and I went for our first sonogram. It was AMAZING! I was more nervous than I can even begin to say. When Mrs. Katie took my blood pressure, it was way up. She reassured me that it was due to my nerves, which apparently even she could tell were on edge.

But it ended up going great! Pretty much as soon as we started with the sonogram, the nurse looked at the images on the computer and exclaimed, "I see a baby and I've got a heartbeat!" I nearly cried - with relief and happiness, of course. Then she turned up the volume and we could hear Peanut's little heart beating 90 to nothing as plain as day! The nurse told us Peanut's heart was beating at 162 beats per minute, which is right on target at eight weeks.

Then we got to look at Peanut on the computer screen. We could see Peanut's head and arm and leg buds. Even though Peanut is so tiny, he or she is just precious!

Then all of the sudden Peanut MOVED!!! He or she shook its little bum at us! How funny is that? I had no idea Peanut was already moving around, but he is! Dr. Cook told me today that they do move this early, although, I of course won't feel it yet.

Steven was so cute during the whole time. He was nervous and unsure about being in this "woman's doctors office" at first, but after seeing all of the other daddies there and getting to look at Peanut, he was just amazed! He asked Dr. Cook a ton of questions about Peanut. Dr. Cook was pleased with how everything looked and said that we are right on schedule for August 20th!

It was just such a great experience. I pray that our next appointment in four weeks will be just as wonderful. I am going to scan the sonogram pictures and post one soon! Thanks for all of the prayers!

3 comments:

Lori Wyont said...

I am so glad things are going well. We need to have a girls night soon. I miss seeing you on a regular basis.

arr-jay said...

I am SO excited!!!!!!

Nicole Bradshaw said...

That's amazing. I remember so well when we went to the doctor's office, and I heard that quick little heartbeat for the first time. Suddenly, the baby seemed so real and alive that I teared up.

Congratulations. This is a wonderful time!